Thursday, April 10, 2008

Spring practice

We're over halfway through Spring practice and the annual bout of most-likely-unrealistic optimism has settled in nicely. As my Dad likes to say (from Albert Einstein), the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results each time. To that end, I am tempering my enthusiasm. After all, this time last year, I was reading all about the promising progress of an offensive line that went on to lead the nation in sacks rendered - Yikes! It also helps to remind myself that I don't think I've ever read a Spring practice report that gave us any less than a glowing review of where the team stood. After all, Spring is in the air... football is back and whatever happened 5 months ago is distant history. These guys have been working their butts off in the weight room and have gotten better by leaps and bounds. In fact, if we could just get 4 or 5 more offseasons like this past one, we'll have an entire team of NFL prospects. It's just basic math! Wait... there I go again.

One thing I am not tempering my enthusiasm about is the addition of Jon Tenuta to the defensive staff. This guy makes me want to be a better fan. Careful with the volume on this one. I'm fairly certain that he could make Andrew Dice Clay blush with the chorus of F-bombs.

No comments: